OK, so not at my house yet, but how about a little red and green for the blog?
(Shamelessly stolen from Anna. I left a few out.)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, depending on whether the gift is shaped to oddly to be giftwrapped.
2. Real tree or artificial? We've had an artificial tree since our second year of marriage. We bought a real one our first Christmas in southern California and it was shedding needles by the time we got it home. After that we lived in Chicago and it's pretty hard to haul a live tree up to the 23rd floor! This year we'll buy a live one and plant it in our yard after Christmas.
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we get around to it! Usually a few weeks before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever we get around to it! Usually after New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, and the Amish dairy farmers at the Farmer's Market are selling both egg nog and custard. I'm in heaven.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? A small glass one that we received as a wedding gift. It sits on our piano.
7. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! We didn't get around to them last year because of the new squirmy person living in the house, but we're almost ready to mail them this year!
8. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas, of course!
9. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar cookies
10. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
11. Favorite Christmas song? "In the Bleak Midwinter" I sang it to Joshua last year until I was hoarse.
12. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both. This year we'll be home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my dad, and then we'll travel to see the rest of my family.
13. Angel on the tree top or a star? We had an angel when I was growing up. Now we have a star.
14. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It depends on the schedule. I think we've done it differently every year for the past few. This year we'll open presents on Christmas morning, I think.
15. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Shameless consumerism.
16. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Whatever someone else is cooking!
How about you?